Google Analytics 4 Migration
That time is finally near. There’s not much time remaining until Universal Analytics stops collecting your website data. We only have until the 1st of July 2023 to make the switch to Google Analytics 4. The sooner that you complete the migration, the more data you will have in your new dashboard, since the old Analytics data will no longer be in your tracking history.
Unfortunately, this isn’t a simple one-click transfer process. Google Analytics 4 is not a mere redesign of Universal Analytics, it’s a brand new product. While it does offer a lot of the same functionality, it’s also doing things quite a bit differently — from its interface and available metrics to the way it quantifies the data collected.
Since UA and GA4 have quite a few different metrics and tracking methods, you'll need to make sure everything is set up correctly. You may have to wait six to twelve months (or longer) before GA4 becomes your source of truth, even after getting started. So that you have a jump start before the July 2023 deadline.
To help you go through the migration process easier, we have created this list of resources if you would like to do it yourself. However, if you would like for us to do the migration for you, please text or call Jeanie at 530-324-2327 as soon as possible so that she can:
- Make an audit of your UA property
- Plan out the structure of your GA4 account
- Manage your user permissions
- Check your property settings
- Identify the events to be migrated
- Check what custom dimensions and metrics should be set up
- Recreate your conversions
- Implement eCommerce tracking
- Link your GA4 to other tools
- Take care of your historical data