John Moore of Web Flow Blog sat down with his colleagues to "stare into their VR crystal balls to see what will define design in 2018.The top 19 for 2018 they predict:
- Broken grid layouts
- Illustrations take center stage
- Brutalism reaches mainstream status
- More organic and oblique shapes
- Even more pervasive interactions and animations
- The emergence of maximalism
- Serifs put their best feet forward
- Floating navigation menus
- The video element
- More immersive “multimedia” longform
- Variable fonts!
- Content hubs — or webooks? — get cool
- CSS grid!
- The quest for the perfect digital design tool
- Diversity and inclusion as design challenges
- The “pivot to video” plays on
- The rise of the UX writer continues
- Design. Systematized.
- Principles-first design
Check out this story published by Web Flow Blog to learn more:
19 web design trends for 2018 | Webflow Blog